- "A light-machine gun from Singapore that handles well and has even performance across the chart. It straddles the line between assault rifle and LMG and is also quick to reload."
- — in-game handbook
- "The U100 is a light machinegun from Singapore. People don’t typically picture Singapore as a gun maker — they don't even let you carry durians on the subway there, fascists — but it turns out that the U-100 is actually an impressive piece of hardware. It’s extremely light, accurate, and controllable."
- — Survival Guide
Far Cry 3 Edit
| U100 (Ultimax 100)
|Supported attachments|| Extended Magazine|
Red Dot Sight
This weapon will become free after deactivating 7 Radio Towers.
Compared to its counterpart the PKM, the U100 has better accuracy and its drum magazine allows for a noticeably faster reload. The drawbacks are a noticeably lower magazine size (almost half that of the PKM), as well as slightly lower damage per bullet and a slightly lower rate of fire. The U100 still deals more damage than all but the highest damaging assault rifles (damage is on par with the ACE and slightly less than the MS16).
The U100 is not recommended to be used during ambushes from predatory animals as it lacks sufficient hip-firing accuracy, but if distance can be maintained its raw stopping power will make short work of larger animals.
The U100 is unlocked as part of the default Gunner class, and is immediately available for custom classes. The U100 performs in the same way it does in single player, barring modifications, and it can support up to 2 of the following attachments:
- Red Dot Sight
- Reflex Sight
- Marksman Sight
- Optical Sight (level 19)
- Muzzle Break
- Lightweight Barrel
- Steel Core Rounds
- Reduced Recoil Rounds
- Hot Rounds
- Extended magazine
Far Cry 4 Edit
|Supported attachments||Sights, Extended mag|
The U100 is unlocked around 28-38% of the way through the game by completing City of Pain mission, and is more or less identical to its Far Cry 3 incarnation. U100 could be either bought for 80,625 or Longinus give it for free for liberating Bell Towers. It is a magazine-loaded LMG, giving it a fast reload, with the tradeoff being a lower ammunition capacity per magazine compared to a belt-fed machine gun. However, it is often overlooked for the MKG, which is statisticaly superior in almost every way, and is unlocked only 2-3 missions later.
- The U100 is based on the Ultimax 100 MK3 light machine gun with a folded stock.
- The U100 is the only weapon of Singaporean origin in the Far Cry series.
- The U100 also appears in Watch Dogs, another Ubisoft game.
|The Far Cry 3 Weapons|
|Melee|| Machete · Japanese Tanto · |
|Handguns||.44 Magnum · 1911 · 6P9 · D50|
|Assault Rifles||ACE · AK47 · F1 · MS16 · P416 · STG-90|
|SMGs||A2000 · BZ19 · MP5 · Skorpion · Vector .45 ACP|
|Shotguns||1887 · M133 · SPAS-12|
|Explosives||C4 · Grenade · Mine · Molotov|
|Sniper Rifles||M-700 · SVD · Z93|
|Launchers||RPG-7 · GL-94|
|Machine Guns||DShK · PKM · U100 · MKG|
|Specials|| Flamethrower · Flare Gun · |
Recurve Bow · Repair Tool