He makes his first and only appearance in the side mission A Dish Served Cold, as the chief antagonist of the mission. Learn more here.
Up until the time stealth is broken, his back is turned. This is worth noting as shooting him in his exposed tanks can make for an easy kill. He drops a seemingly generic flamethrower when he dies.
(when idle, before attacked)
"The weak are impure and unworthy!"
"Their souls are plagued by filth!"
"So he cooks them with the flame!"
"Burn! BURN WITH THE LIGHT OF OUR FATHER!"
"SACRIFICE THE WEAK!"
"CLEANSE YOUR SOUL WITH GOD'S RIGHTEOUS FLAME!"
- He shares the same model with a normal Eden's Gate Flamer.
- No matter how he is killed, Jess will always remark about how he died better than he should have deserved.
- His suggestions about the weak clearly come from Jacob Seed's similar beliefs.
- It is not for complete certain what kind of relationship Jess' uncle Dutch has with The Cook. However, it's probably safe to assume antagonistic due to the fate he gave Jess' parents.
- Even though it is very rare, The Cook will shoot fire and somehow explode a fuelbarrel, which causes him to explode. This also saves the player from using any kind of Ammo and explosives.