The Rock is a throwable item in Far Cry 3. It is used to distract enemies or to lure enemies to a desired place.
The Rock is equipped automatically, but does not occupy a slot of any kind. The Rock's main purpose is to create brief distractions. Rocks can be thrown at enemies or allies. The Rock will also distract dogs, but cannot be taken out of the inventory. Snipers and Rocket Shooters will not investigate a rock thrown, but will just look at its general direction,
- If you hit any enemies while doing the misson Citra's Favor, they will not react to it.
- Hitting a Rakyat warrior with a rock a certain amount of times will cause him to attack the player as will other nearby warriors.
- The Rock is the first introduced distraction to enemies in Far Cry 3.
- The Rocks appear to be about the size of a ping-pong ball when thrown.
- Holding the button to which the Rock is assigned allows Jason to hold the Rock. The rock is noticeably large when held, being about the size of a baseball.
- It may be a sedimentary Rock, since they are common on land.
- Jason can throw Rocks regardless of whether there are any in the area.
- The Rock should only be used for distractions since its not capable of killing.