The Privateer Recruit is a type of Privateer in Far Cry 3. The Privateer Recruit is the weakest type of Privateer and is fairly easy to kill alone, but can become a serious problem in groups. However, they're not seen in actual combat; other than being occupants of The Compound until after Jason Brody has killed Hoyt.
- Jason Brody is forced to kill a Recruit in order to get undercover as a Privateer. Under the alias of Foster, Jason plans to kill Hoyt Volker and rescue his brother Riley.
- As the name implies, they are easily scared and lack proper combat training thus making them cannon fodder.
- The word "Recruit" is stenciled on their body armor.
- Few Privateer Recruits can be found in The Compound.
- They are identical to Privateer Assaulters in terms of combat tactics and durability, despite the addition of a helmet to their armor.
|Far Cry 3 Enemies|
|Light||Assaulter (Elite · Boss) · Charger · Berserker (Boss) · Molotov Thrower · Sniper (Boss)|
|Light-Heavy||Defender (Elite · Boss) · RPG Shooter (Boss)|
|Heavy||Heavy Gunner · Heavy Flamer|
|Light||Assaulter (Elite · Boss) · Charger · Sniper (Boss)|
|Light-Heavy||Defender (Elite) · RPG Shooter|
|Heavy||Heavy Gunner · Heavy Flamer (Elite)|
|Other||Recruit · Guard Dog|