The Privateer Defender is a type of Privateer in Far Cry 3. Unlike the two Pirate defender classes, the Privateer Defender is a cautious fighter and is often found guarding outposts as well as being personal guards in some Wanted Dead missions.
Tips and TriviaEdit
- As the name implies, they are better at defending than assaulting.
- Privateer Defenders wear strong body armor and can survive several bullet hits before falling. Strong weapons such as assault rifles or shotguns are preferable against them.
- They can come in groups of two or more, depending on how the outpost is laid out.
- Privateer Defenders can sometimes be found as gunners on Scavengers and Technicals. It is best to keep them off the gunner seat, though, since their heightened defence along with a mounted gun can be bothersome.
- Despite their heavy armour, a single headshot from any weapon will kill them instantly.
- A single arrow from a bow will kill them immediately as well.
- Unlike their Pirate counterparts, they always fire their weapons from the shoulder, making their accuracy far better.
- An elite variant exists, but is found only in wanted dead missions.