The Pirate Defender is a type of Pirate wearing improvised armour and padding. The Pirate Defender is not a very strong enemy, but can be dangerous if encountered in groups.
- The Defender's armour reduces the amount of damage they take from bullets, allowing them to survive about three times as much damage as a Pirate Assaulter. They can usually survive a sniper rifle shot to the torso, unless hit with the powerful Z93 rifle. This makes headshots very important against them for stealthy one-hit-kills. They can be killed with one shot to any part of the body with the Recurve Bow, though.
- They are good defenders since they can sometimes spot the player or even hear something suspicious.
- They work often in tandem with Pirate Assaulters.
- Compared to Assaulters, Defenders are less aggressive and will attempt to stay in cover or cautiously advance.
- Pirate Defenders have weak body armour, as you can see it's ductaped together. But they can take many shots before dying if you use a weapon with low damage.
- Headshots are extremely effective against them.
- They become more common the more outposts you clear.
other variants of Pirate Defenders
|Far Cry 3 Enemies|
|Light||Assaulter (Elite · Boss) · Charger · Berserker (Boss) · Molotov Thrower · Sniper (Boss)|
|Light-Heavy||Defender (Elite · Boss) · RPG Shooter (Boss)|
|Heavy||Heavy Gunner · Heavy Flamer|
|Light||Assaulter (Elite · Boss) · Charger · Sniper (Boss)|
|Light-Heavy||Defender (Elite) · RPG Shooter|
|Heavy||Heavy Gunner · Heavy Flamer (Elite)|
|Other||Recruit · Guard Dog|