|Price|| P416: $1980|
|Ammunition||Assault Rifle Rounds|
|Supported attachments|| Extended Magazine|
Red Dot Sight
|The Far Cry 3 Weapons|
|Melee|| Machete · Japanese Tanto · |
|Handguns||.44 Magnum · 1911 · 6P9 · D50|
|Assault Rifles||ACE · AK47 · F1 · MS16 · P416 · STG-90|
|SMGs||A2000 · BZ19 · MP5 · Skorpion · Vector .45 ACP|
|Shotguns||1887 · M133 · SPAS-12|
|Explosives||C4 · Grenade · Mine · Molotov|
|Sniper Rifles||M-700 · SVD · Z93|
|Launchers||RPG-7 · GL-94|
|Machine Guns||DShK · PKM · U100 · MKG|
|Specials|| Flamethrower · Flare Gun · |
Recurve Bow · Repair Tool
- "Sometimes gun makers get it right the first time around and sometimes they blow their kangaroos off, pardon my French. This time they got it right. The P416 assault rifle is an improved version of a renowned but flawed weapon. It’s not cheap. It’s deadly, reliable, and worth every penny."
- — Survival Guide
In FC3, This weapon will become free after deactivating 15 Radio Towers. In FC4, it is unlocked through story progression.
IN FC3, this is the primary weapon of choice for Privateer Assaulters, Privateer Defenders and Privateer Recruits. It is initially available in the main story mission Warrior Rescue Service mission where Privateers appear in the game, wielding this weapon. If picked up, it will not be lost after death or saves, but will not be available in stores until the second island. It has a very short barrel, but has the same range as the other assault rifles, and features a high rate of fire and low recoil pattern with moderate damage. Its high rate of fire demands exacting marksmanship and trigger discipline to avoid running out of ammunition. Firing in short bursts is therefore recommended.
A signature version called Bushman, with an extended magazine, a suppressor and a marksman sight equipped can be unlocked by deactivating all 18 Radio Towers throughout the game. It costs $3800. The Bushman is one of only three assault rifles in the game that are available with a suppressor, and the only fully automatic one of those three (you cannot equip a suppressor to the standard P416 either). It also has the longest range and third highest damage of any assault rifle in the game, only being surpassed by the ACE and the MS16 in the damage category. The weapon description states that it uses an optical scope, and while in-game magnification is the same as that of an optical scope, it uses the marksman sight (ACOG) model and reticle.
Far Cry 4Edit
The P416 makes an appearance in Far Cry 4, however, the model hasn't changed, but the weapon is painted black by default. It becomes available when the player gains access to northern Kyrat, though it can also be picked up early during the first mission in the Hurk's Redemption DLC. They have decreased the status to it is just as powerful as AK-47, unlike in Far Cry 3 the damage is more than AK-47's
The Royal Guard Soldiers manning the Bell Tower closest to King's Bridge also come armed with this weapon, providing another opportunity to unlock the weapon early. The Signature version, Bushman also makes a return and becomes unlocked by reaching rank 10 in Shanath Arena.
The signature weapon "Bushman" returns from Far Cry 3. It features the same Marksman sight, Silencer, and Extended Magazine as its previous version.
- The P416 is based on the real-life POF (Patriot Ordnance Factory) P416 assault rifle chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO.
- The P416 appears to be fitted with a 10.4 inch barrel with extended flash suppressor and a Magpul PMAG magazine.
- A bolt release can be seen on the left side of the weapon (which is incorrect as the real life P416 has an ambidextrous bolt release) but Jason does not use it, simply pulling the bolt handle upon reloading on empty. This was probably to make the reload animations vary, seeing as he operates the bolt release on the STG-90.
- This weapon is preferred by Privateers because it is more accurate and fires faster than the AK47.
- Some Privateers can not afford the P416 as seen during the recruitment center, Thurston town and in the compound.
- The "renowned but flawed weapon" referred to in the description is the M4A1, the rifle the P416 is based on. The P416 was created by POF (Patriot Ordnance Factory), being meant to be an upgrade of Colt's existing M4A1 model.
- This gun is often thought to be based on the Heckler & Koch HK416, with its name changed for copyright (they look similar, and have very similar names). This is NOT true, the weapons are just superficially similar gas piston AR-15 pattern rifles.