|Price|| P416: $1980|
|Ammunition||Assault Rifle Rounds|
|Supported attachments|| Extended Magazine|
Red Dot Sight
|The Far Cry 3 Weapons|
|Melee|| Machete · Japanese Tanto · |
|Handguns||.44 Magnum · 1911 · 6P9 · D50|
|Assault Rifles||ACE · AK47 · F1 · MS16 · P416 · STG-90|
|SMGs||A2000 · BZ19 · MP5 · Skorpion · Vector .45 ACP|
|Shotguns||1887 · M133 · SPAS-12|
|Explosives||C4 · Grenade · Mine · Molotov|
|Sniper Rifles||M-700 · SVD · Z93|
|Launchers||RPG-7 · GL-94|
|Machine Guns||DShK · PKM · U100 · MKG|
|Specials|| Flamethrower · Flare Gun · |
Recurve Bow · Repair Tool
- "Sometimes gun makers get it right the first time around and sometimes they blow their kangaroos off, pardon my French. This time they got it right. The P416 assault rifle is an improved version of a renowned but flawed weapon. It’s not cheap. It’s deadly, reliable, and worth every penny."
- — Survival Guide
The P416 is an assault rifle in Far Cry 3.
This weapon will become free after deactivating 15 Radio Towers.
This is the primary weapon of choice for Privateer Assaulters, Privateer Defenders and Privateer Recruits. It is initially available in the main story mission Warrior Rescue Service mission where Privateers appear in the game, wielding this weapon. If picked up, it will not be lost after death or saves but cannot be customized until the Southern Island is reached. It has a very short barrel, but has the same range as the other assault rifles, and features a high rate of fire and low recoil pattern with moderate damage.
A signature version called Bushman, with an extended magazine, a suppressor and a marksman sight equipped can be unlocked by deactivating all 18 Radio Towers throughout the game. It costs $3800. The Bushman is the one of only three assault rifles in the game that are available with a suppressor, and the only fully automatic one of those three (you cannot equip a suppressor to the standard P416 either). It also has the longest range and third highest damage of any assault rifle in the game, only being surpassed by the ACE and the MS16 in the damage category. The weapon description states that it uses an optical scope, despite the fact that it uses a marksman sight.
- The P416 is based on the real-life POF (Patriot Ordnance Factory) P416 assault rifle chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO.
- A bolt release can be seen on the left side of the weapon but Jason does not use it, simply pulling the bolt handle upon reloading on empty. This was probably to make the reload animations vary, seeing as he operrates the bolt release on the STG-90.
- This weapon is preferred by Privateers because it is more accurate and fires faster than the AK47.
- Some Privateers can not afford the P416 as seen during the recruitment center and in the compound.