Outposts in Far Cry primal acts like they do in Far cry 3 and 4. However they have no alarms, but warning horns. The Udam or Izila Warner will spot the player, and run for the horn. Each Outpost covers an area where Udam or Izila tripe will spawn. When liberated you will gain XP and Citizens, and the camp will become a fast travel location.
- If all the horns are destroyed, you have avoid reinforcements.
- The Horns are white marked and can be spotted by the Owl.
- If you have killed the Warner's, and gets spotted, the regular troopers will sound the horn and call for reinforcements.
- Because of the many troopers, you are recomended to use Mammoth's or bigger tamed animals like Cave Bears, Bears and Sabretooths.
- You can recognize the outpost by the drumming tones and smoke clouds.
- Some Outposts has Chiefchains, they can be hard to take out. Make sure the Heavy Beatdown skill is unlocked, or riding on a Mammoth.