The Mark IV is a revolver in Far Cry 4.
The weapon has mild damage and accuracy, short range, and high mobility. It also has a very slow reload time, though this is common of all revolvers in game.
The Mark IV could be either bought for ₭3,000 or Longinus give it for free for liberating 2 Bell Towers.
The "Sixer" is the signature version of the Mark IV, which is unlocked when accessing a store for the first time. It sports a red dot sight and a completely black paint job, along with better stats. It's a good weapon to have early in the game, but it's surpassed by other handguns fairly quickly, and is probably not worth its high price of 255,000 rupees.
- The weapon has pretty poor accuracy, range, magazine size and reload speed. Because of this, it may find use as a backup weapon, although the player should try and find a better handgun.
- Lack of any attachments means its usefulness is very limited.
- The Mark IV, being a single action revolver severely limits the player's ability to fight at close range, Headshots are mandatory for this sidearm.
- This variant of the Mark IV is based off the Webley Mk VI Revolver.
- This weapon appears to use the same sound effect as the .44 magnum in Far Cry 3.
- This weapon can be found in a cage underwater during the games prelude, being the first weapon the player can actually acquire in the game.
- In real life, the Mark VI is a double-action revolver, meaning the hammer does not have to be cocked manually like it does in the game, suggesting the Mark VI Ajay uses may, in fact, be broken. However firing a revolver with double-action without cocking the hammer requires a substantially stronger trigger pull, which would hinder accurate shots.