|Ammunition||Assault Rifle Rounds|
|Magazine size||15 (20 with extended magazine)|
|Supported attachments|| Red Dot Sight|
- "The MS16 is a version of the battle rifle of the U.S. Army updated during the Vietnam War. Today, this type of gun is mainly used by special forces and SWAT teams to inflate their budgets. The MS16 present on the island were simply ordered by mail. And yes, all the weapons on the island do not have a sordid history."
- — Official website description
The MS16 is a semi-automatic rifle present in Far Cry 3. It features high accuracy and damage, making it ideal for medium to long range. However, it is difficult to use in close quarters due it is a semi-automatic fire, although rapid trigger pulls can easily compensate for it. It's available from game start at $1,700 but it can be unlocked for free at 10 radio towers.
If you are doing a stealthy playstyle this rifle, silenced and scoped, is a very versatile weapon for someone lurking in the bushes.
- MS16 stands for M1A SOCOM 16, a civilian version of the M14 rifle with a shorter barrel.
- The model that appears in-game appears to be a left handed model of the previously mentioned M1A SOCOM 16, as the charging handle is on the left side of the weapon as opposed to the typical right side.
- The MS16 is Perfect for hit-and-run or Counter Sniping since its Semi-automatic Action can make quick work of players
- Adding a Sound Suppressor will reduce your range slightly but helps you get more kills without being heard.