|Ammunition||Assault Rifle Rounds|
|Magazine size||15 (20 with extended magazine)|
|Supported attachments|| Red Dot Sight|
|The Far Cry 3 Weapons|
|Melee|| Machete · Japanese Tanto · |
|Handguns||.44 Magnum · 1911 · 6P9 · D50|
|Assault Rifles||ACE · AK47 · F1 · MS16 · P416 · STG-90|
|SMGs||A2000 · BZ19 · MP5 · Skorpion · Vector .45 ACP|
|Shotguns||1887 · M133 · SPAS-12|
|Explosives||C4 · Grenade · Mine · Molotov|
|Sniper Rifles||M-700 · SVD · Z93|
|Launchers||RPG-7 · GL-94|
|Machine Guns||DShK · PKM · U100 · MKG|
|Specials|| Flamethrower · Flare Gun · |
Recurve Bow · Repair Tool
- "The MS16 is an updated take on an American assault rifle that dates back to the Vietnam War. Today, rifles like this are commonly used by Special Forces soldiers and SWAT teams with nothing better to blow their budgets on. The MS16s here were brought in by mail order. Hey, not every weapon on Rook Island has a sordid history. So sue me."
- — Survival Guide
This weapon will become free after deactivating 10 Radio Towers.
The MS16 is a powerful battle rifle. It is only semi-automatic, and has a 15 or 20 round magazine, depending on upgrades. Once silenced, the weapon can be used as a powerful long-ranged rifle.
In Far Cry 4, a signature version, The Trooper is available.
- MS16 stands for M1A SOCOM 16, a civilian version of the M14 rifle with a shorter barrel.
- The model that appears in-game appears to be a left handed model of the previously mentioned M1A SOCOM 16, as the charging handle is on the left side of the firearm as opposed to the typical right side.
- The MS16 is actually not an assault rifle even though it is classified as such in game.
- The MS16 is perfect for hit-and-run or counter-sniping tactics as its semi-automatic action can make quick work of enemy personnel.
- Adding a suppressor will reduce your range slightly but helps you get more kills without being heard.
- Combined with the sound suppressor and an optical sight, the MS16 can work as a precision rifle for silent headshots. Due to its semi-automatic action, zeroing in after a missed shot is a relatively easy affair.