|Supported attachments|| Sound Suppressor|
Red Dot Sight
- "The MP5 is renowned for solid accuracy, good handling, and a high rate of fire."
- — in-game handbook
- "The MP5 is one of the most notorious sub machineguns in the world thanks to its appearance in action cinema and intimate role in schizer pornography, pardon my French. These German engineered weapons were part of many military and police arsenals until they became outdated and replaced by newer designs. You can find old MP5s scattered all across Rook Island."
- — Survival Guide
The MP5 can be seen as a hybrid between an SMG and an Assault Rifle. It has a high firing rate but still provides decent damage and range. It is just as good for open combat as it is for stealthy encounters. It is also fairly cheap for its performance and allows players to move faster than if they used an Assault Rifle.
It can be equipped with up to 2 attachments. These include a suppressor, an extended magazine and 2 different sights (a choice between two FPS classics, the red dot and reflex).
Here is a video illustration of the MP5 in Far Cry 4 with an extended magazine and suppressor.
The MP5 can only be mounted with two differing types of attachments at any one time, so while you could mount a silencer and red dot sight on it for example, you could not mount both the red dot and reflex sights at once.
Sound Suppressor – Attaching a suppressor to a weapon makes it virtually silent. Ideal for situations that require stealth.
Extended Magazine – high-capacity magazine that increases the amount of ammunition a weapon holds.
Red Dot Sight – This sight is designed for rapid target acquistion and improved accuracy.
|Reflex Sight – This sight is designed for rapid target acquisition and improved accuracy.||$300|
Far Cry 4 Edit
|Supported attachments||Silencer, Sights, Extended mag|
The MP5 unlocked around 28-38% of the way through the game by completing City of Pain mission, and is more or less identical to its Far Cry 3 incarnation. MP5 could be either bought for ₭46,500 or Longinus give it for free for liberating 12 Bell Towers.
- The variant present in Far Cry 3 is an MP5-N.
- The basic rear iron sight is not a standard Heckler & Koch drum sight, but is instead a semi-circle notch that lines up with the correct full circle front sight. This iron sight is shared with the F1.
- The MP5 isn't seen anywhere in the singleplayer campaign, save for one cutscene. Thus it can only be obtained from stores.
- The MP5's charging handle moves back and forth when shooting; this is untrue to real life.
- During a mission cutscene, Hoyt Volker can be seen wielding an MP5.
- The MP5 can be a really effective silenced weapon when paired with the silencer and red dot sight during the first half of Story, but loses its unique effectiveness when compared to 2nd Island weapons like the Vector .45 ACP.