|Magazine size|| 8 (Regular) |
|Supported attachments||Night sight|
The Signature version, called the HS77 becomes available after completing 2 hunting quests. The HS77 comes with a suppressor, optical sight, and 2 more rounds in the magazine.
- The M-712 is based on the M712 Schnellfeuer, a select-fire variant of the Mauser C96 with a detachable box magazine.
- The M-712 is semi auto only, unlike its real world counterpart which is auto/semi auto selective fire. Its possible the weapon is broken, thus lacking its full capabilities. It still has it semi auto/full auto selector switch.
- There are a few aesthetic differences between the M-712 and the real world M712: the barrel, sights, spring cover, magazine, and magazine well. Some parts seem to be taken from other variants of the C96.
- The M-712 also only carries 8 rounds. The real world M712 only had 10 round and 20 round magazines. The HS77 has a correct 10 rounds though.
- In co-op mode, the weapon models for the M712 and the HS77 that your partner holds has a magazine that looks like the real world 20 round magazine.
- No known M712s were produced in Belgium in the real world.
- The signature version "HS77" is a reference to Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope. The gun is very reminiscent of Han Solo's pistol. "HS" refers to Han Solo and "77" is the release date of the movie. The description also contains the line "to ensure you'll always shoot first." This is a reference to Han simply shooting Greedo in the original Star Wars movie before it was changed in the remaster to have Greedo shooting at Han first, much to the dislike of most fans.