|Ammunition||Sniper Rifle Rounds|
|Supported attachments|| Sound Suppressor|
High Power Scope
|The Far Cry 3 Weapons|
|Melee|| Machete · Japanese Tanto · |
|Handguns||.44 Magnum · 1911 · 6P9 · D50|
|Assault Rifles||ACE · AK47 · F1 · MS16 · P416 · STG-90|
|SMGs||A2000 · BZ19 · MP5 · Skorpion · Vector .45 ACP|
|Shotguns||1887 · M133 · SPAS-12|
|Explosives||C4 · Grenade · Mine · Molotov|
|Sniper Rifles||M-700 · SVD · Z93|
|Launchers||RPG-7 · GL-94|
|Machine Guns||DShK · PKM · U100 · MKG|
|Specials|| Flamethrower · Flare Gun · |
Recurve Bow · Repair Tool
- "Unmatched in both range and accuracy, this bolt-action sniper rifle can take down distant targets with ease. Just keep its low rate of fire in mind."
- — in-game handbook
- "Americans have been using the M-700 bolt-action rifle since it first hit the scene in 1962. Since then it’s gone all around the globe, seeing action in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan."
- — Survival Guide
The M-700 is a bolt-action sniper rifle in Far Cry 3.
This weapon will become free after deactivating 6 Radio Towers.
It chambers five rounds initially and can be upgraded with a variety of different attachments which can include a high-power optic scope and suppressor. The weapon itself does not fire as fast as the Dragunov SVD sniper rifle but fires faster than the Z93; albeit only slightly faster when it comes to chambering another round.
The M-700 can be purchased from the start of the game and can be found through various Path of the Hunter challenges. Larger animals such as bears, tigers and crocodiles can take up to four shots before death. However, any herbivores can be taken down with only a single shot to their body.
- The suppressor attachment has no effect on the weapon's performance and should be considered when attempting to liberate Outposts as it can be used to silently dispatch enemies with a single headshot.
- Later in the game it will become harder to eliminate targets with body shots as Defenders, Rushers, and Heavies will take more than one shot to the torso.
- The M-700 itself does not have sufficient power to pierce through the helmet of Heavies with a single hit to allow for a one or two hit kill. In order to remove the helmet with this weapon you will have to fire around two headshots in succession. However, it is possible to kill a Heavy with a single headshot without having to destroy the helmet, provided the side or the back of the head are hit, since the helmet only protects the front of the head. However, on the Southern Island the Heavies are much better equipped, with a helmet that protects their head completely.
- The M-700 is a very accurate sniper rifle. It's not powerful enough to kill a regular enemy with a body shot, but accurate enough to make a silent headshot.
An exclusive version of the M700 (the M-700 Predator) is included with the Hunter Pack DLC. This version of the M-700 comes pre-attached with a suppressor, extended magazine and illuminated scope as well as three different custom camouflages for use in single player. It also features slightly increased damage. It is supposed to have all four add-ons, but while the enhanced zoom mod is visually present on the scope, it does not actually work.
- The M-700 is based off the Remington 700 export