The Kukri (Nepali: खुकुरी khukuri, Hindi: kukrī) is a Nepalese knife with an inwardly curved edge, similar to a machete, used as both a tool and as a weapon in Nepal and neighboring countries of South Asia. Traditionally it was, and in many cases still is, the basic utility knife of the Nepalese people. It is a characteristic weapon of the Nepalese Army, the Royal Gurkha Rifles and of all Gurkha regiments throughout the world, so much so that many English-speakers refer to the weapon as a "Gurkha blade" or "Gurkha knife".
It is sometimes made out of truck springs, which are usually a 5160 steel, a type of spring steel with a carbon content of 0.55–0.65%, manganese 0.75–1.00% and bit of chromium 0.70–0.90%. The blade length generally ranges from 12 inch to 18 inch with blade thickness up to 0.5-0.6 inches thick.
The blade is deferentially hardened by pouring water on red hot blade edge which is usually brings hardness to 60 HRC while spine is left at around 40 HRC. This gives the blade an excellent balance of hardness and toughness.
Far Cry Edit
|The Far Cry Weapons|
|Machete · Desert Eagle · M4 · Silent MP5 · P90 · Jackhammer · G36 · OICW · AW50 · M249 · Rocket Launcher · Mk 19 · Minigun · M2 · Mk 2 Grenade · Flashbang · Smoke Grenade|
The kukri is Jack Carver's only melee weapon. If there is no land nearby and you intend to slash enemy infantry swimming in the water, using the kukri is recommended, since firearms cannot be used while swimming.While on foot, it should be used either as a last resort or to kill enemies who are unaware of the player's location. There are multiple kukries throughout the game, but only one at a time may be carried. This implies that the Mercenaries stationed around the islands use kukries, even if they're never observed to wield it in combat.
- In Shangri-La, Kalinag uses a different variation of the Kukri to battle its invaders, the Rakshasa.
- In the Map Editor, it can be equipped when you have activated the four empty slots option but it is very rare.
- Ajay acquires the Kukri from the Prologue mission's getaway driver, and uses it throughout the game.
- This weapon is automatically used in all knife-wielding takedown animations.
- Ajay uses this weapon to stab and kill Yuma Lau in the mission Payback.
- Possibly Ajay keeps Kukri in a holster on his left leg, but can not confirm this.
- Far Cry Classic does not require a separate slot for knifes. The blow happens automatically, as in Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4.
- Crytek in Far Cry unconsciously called the kukri machete, but we see that it is kukri.