The following is a list of animals that can appear in Far Cry Primal. The name of the animal, if any, as it appears in-game or in official documentation, is on the far left, followed by the common name and scientific name (binomial name) of the species it likely represents or is based on. A description follows this - if there is one.
- Mammoth – the Woolly Mammoth (Mammuthus primigenius)
- Sabretooth Tiger – Sabre-Toothed Cat (Smilodon populator)
- Woolly Rhino – (Coelodonta antiquitatis festivities)
- Tall Elk – the Irish Elk (Megaloceros giganteus)
- Cave Bear – (Ursus spelaeus)
- Wolf – the Dire Wolf (Canis dirus)
- cave hyena (crocuta crocuta spelaea)
- Cave Lion – the Eurasian Cave Lion (Panthera spelaea)
- Tapir – a European tapir probably meant to represent the Auvergne Tapir (Tapirus arvernensis)
- Jaguar – the European Jaguar (Panthera "onca" gombaszoegensis)
- Dhole – the European Dhole (Xenocyon lycanoides)
- Crocodile – a European population of the genus (Crocodylus)
- Demon Fish – Based on Goliath Tigerfish (Hydrocynus goliath) – Fictional species also seen in Far Cry 4
- Badger – the European Badger (Meles meles)
- Brown Bear – (Ursus arctos)
- Leopard the Snow Leopard (Panthera uncia)
- Yak – (Bos grunniens)
- Boar – the Wild Boar (Sus scrofa)
- Deer – the Red Deer (Cervus elaphus) and the Fallow Deer (Dama dama)
- Goat – the Wild Goat (Capra aegagrus)
- Monkey – a Macaque of the genus (Macaca)
- Rat – the Brown Rat (Rattus norvegicus)
- Bat – the Common Noctule (Nyctalus noctula)
- Owl – the Eurasian Eagle-Owl (Bubo bubo)
- Eagle – the White-tailed Eagle (Haliaeetus albicilla)
- Vulture – the White-Rumped Vulture (Gyps bengalensis)
- Raven – the Common Raven (Corvus corax)
- Chicken – the Wild Chicken (Gallus gallus)
- Snow Bird – the Tibetan Snowfowl (Tetraogallus tibetanus)
- Tortoise – the Russian Tortoise (Testudo horsfieldii)
- Adder – the European Adder (Vipera berus)
- Beehive – the Western Honey Bee (Apis mellifera) – Often found near Brown Bears. Throwable.
- Firefly – the Common Firefly (Photinus pyralis) – Seen floating above tall grass. More easily visible at night.
Easter Egg Edit
- Blood Dragon – Probably based on an enlarged version of the Komodo Dragon (Varanus komodoensis) – Only the skeleton and eggs make an appearance. An easter egg for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.
Great Beasts Edit
- Bloodtusk Mammoth – A particularly large bull mammoth, with an 'ashy' colouration, displaying four tusks instead of two.
- Snowblood Wolf – A white wolf with blue eyes, and red blood stains on it's muzzle and chest fur.
- Bloodfang Sabretooth – Larger and more powerful than a normal Sabretooth. Has a distinctive striped back, similar to that of a Tasmanian Tiger's (Thylacinus cynocephalus).
- Great Scar Bear – An unusually large Cave Bear with many scars from past battles marring it's body.