|Far Cry 5|
|Publisher(s)||Ubisoft Entertainment SA|
|Release Date||March 27th, 2018|
|Platform(s)|| Microsoft Windows|
|Engine(s)||Heavily Modified Dunia Engine 2|
|Protagonist|| The Junior Deputy (Main Game)|
Wendell Redler (Hours of Darkness)
Nick Rye (Lost on Mars)
|Genre(s)||Action-Adventure, First-person shooter, Open world|
ESRB: M (17+) Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Use of Drugs and Alcohol
- "TRUST. PRAY. OBEY"
- — Tagline
Following the uploading of several videos exposing Eden's Gate of their actions in an attempt to save Hope County, the US Marshalls issue an arrest warrant for Joseph Seed’s arrest. A US Marshall, along with The Junior Deputy, Deputy Pratz and Deputy Hudson arrive in the town to arrest Joseph. Shortly after bringing him to their helicopter, Joseph’s followers shoot it down, rescuing Joseph and causing the mission to fail, with the Junior Deputy escaping to safety.
A new deputy Sheriff sets out to reclaim the town from the grip of the militaristic cult. Assisting the Sheriff are several allies with their own personal grudges against Eden's Gate, including local pastor Jerome Jeffries, bush pilot and mechanic Nick Rye and bartender Mary May Fairgrave, and of course Hurk.
Some of these provide quests, some will help you in combat.
There are different types of missions on Far Cry 5.
- Story Missions - These main story missions advance the player through the game. These are to do with the storyline and you can now choose any paths of the storyline.
- Side Missions - The player can talk to characters and locals and do other objectives for them.
- Clutch Nixon - The player drives in a certain type of vehicle while going through red, white and blue misty rings with white stars on them to give the player extra time to get to the goal.
As for a Far Cry game the open world first person shooter remains the same, but with many new features such as customizable vehicles and fully operational planes with dogfights. For the first time in the series, Far Cry 5 offers full character customization. The hunting system is back and the ecosystem along with it, but with far less exotic animals. Also, fishing is introduced.
Far Cry ArcadeEdit
Far Cry Arcade is a mulitplayer mode and a map editor mode. With it, you can create your own maps to multiplayer and singleplayer and share your creations to the community. In the map editor, there are infinite possibilities, for example there will be assets from Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal and Far Cry 5 and other Ubisoft games too.
You can also add audio and change the environment too. There are 4 modes on singleplayer, Assault, Outpost, Journey and there is a new mode introduced, it's called Bounty Hunt. It's where you have to hunt down and kill the target before escaping to the extraction zone. There will be a lot more editor objects too, more than any other Far Cry game. They say it would be the best experience you'd ever have in Far Cry 5.
Assault Rifles Edit
Sniper Rifles Edit
- 308 Carbine
- MBP .50
- Jacob's Rifle
Machine Guns Edit
- M249 SAW
- Browning M2 Aircraft (Mounted)
- Browning M2HB (Mounted)
- Recurve Bow
- Compound Bow
- Death Wish
- Civilian Pickup Truck
- Coupe Signature
- Cult Pickup truck
- Oil Tanker
- Quad Bike
- Widowmaker (Truck)
- Trophy truck
There's three different editions to pre-order as well a pre-order bonus called Doomsday Prepper Pack
- Standard - The base game.
- Deluxe - Includes the Deluxe Pack, which consists of the Big Game Hunter Pack and the Ace Pilot Pack.
- Gold - Includes the Deluxe Pack and the Season Pass.
- This marks the first Far Cry game to be set in North America, particularly the rural United States.
- It's the first Far Cry game to feature operational planes within the open world.
- It will also be the first game in the franchise to feature a fully customized protagonist.
- The director of Far Cry 5 is Dan Hay, who was one of the lead producers on Far Cry 3.
- It is the only Far Cry Game to have drop-in drop-out co-op multiplayer.
- It will have assets from Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal, Far Cry 5 and other Ubisoft games on the Map Editor.
- There will be a lot more map editor objects, audio and environment changing for the first time in Far Cry 5.
- Far Cry 5 has come under fire for portraying American cultists as the main antagonists, due to contrast with Christian evangelicals. The game has also been accused of plagiarizing Red Barrels' Outlast 2 and Irrational Games' BioShock Infinite.
- ↑ 2017-05-16, NEW ASSASSIN'S CREED, FAR CRY 5, THE CREW 2 COMING WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR. IGN, accessed on 2017-05-17
- ↑ 2017-05-22, Far Cry 5’s first teaser welcomes you to Montana. Polygon, accessed on 2017-05-24
|Far Cry series|
|Games||Far Cry (Classic) - Far Cry Instincts (Evolution, Predator) - Far Cry Vengeance - Far Cry 2 - Far Cry 3 (Blood Dragon) - Far Cry 4 - Far Cry Primal - Far Cry 5 (Dead Living Zombies, Hours of Darkness, Lost on Mars)|
|Compilations||Far Cry: Wild Expedition - Far Cry Compilation|
|Films||Far Cry - Inside Eden's Gate|