|Far Cry 3|
Additional work by:
|Release Date||December 4th, 2012 (US), November 29th, 2012 (Europe)|
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360|
|Engine(s)||Dunia Engine and Unknown Physics Engine|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Co-op, Multiplayer|
|Genre(s)||First Person Shooter|
|Rating(s)||PEGI: 12 ESRB T|
- "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? Insanity is...doing the exact same fu****' thing over and over and over again and expecting shi* to change."
- — Vaas
Beyond the limits of civilization lies an island, a lawless place ruled by piracy and human misery, where your only escape is through drugs or the muzzle of a gun. This is where you find yourself, trapped in a place that’s forgotten right from wrong, a place where you must live by the principles of violence to survive. Discover the island’s bloody secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to survive; and outwit its roster of ruthless, desperate characters. Beware the beauty and mystery of this unexplored paradise...
- An open-world with huge scale distances
- An archipelago of tropical islands to explore by land, sea and air
- Respawning checkpoints will NOT make a comeback (areas become yours as you explore and clear them of hostiles)
- Weapon degradation will NOT make a comeback.
- Malaria will NOT make a comeback
- A new fast-travel system
- Health bar with syrettes and realistic healing animations will return
- Fire propagation will return
- Safehouses will return
- A large varitey of friendly and aggresive wildlife to hunt
- Looting, crafting and currency systems will be featured
- A large arsenal of customizable weapons
- Cover mechanics
- Stealth Combat mechanics
- Danger indicator showing the direction and state of enemies (white - not alerted, red - alerted)
- Non-scripted AI
- A day/night cycle with variable weather
- A separate 4-Player Co-op campaign
- A fully developed multiplayer with weapon unlocks, upgrades and team-play features
Dr Ernhardt is a character in Far Cry 3 who lives on the island. He is somewhat more sane than the others on the island. His role in the game is little known, but he seems to be experimenting on flora and the fauna of the island.
Willis is a character who contracts and helps Jason throughout the game. Nothing is known about Willis, only that he has a similar role to Doyle in the original Far Cry.
Citra is a tribal girl who appears in the recent teaser trailer. The only things known about her are that she is one of the sane people of the island and that she is Vaas' sister.
|Far Cry series|
|Games||Far Cry - Far Cry Instincts (Evolution, Predator) - Far Cry Vengeance - Far Cry 2 - Far Cry 3 - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon|
|Films||Far Cry (film)|