|Maximum Ammunition||40 + 8 rounds|
The Eagle .50 (or Desert Eagle) is a pistol in Far Cry 2. It can be purchased at the beginning of Act 2. Additionally, enemies will begin to wield the Desert Eagle after you finish the first faction mission in Act 2. It is also the sidearm of your Buddies, even in Act 1. If your Buddy dies in battle, they will drop a used and rusty Desert Eagle. Also, if you fall and a buddy revives you, he or she will hand you their Desert Eagle in excellent condition. It uses .50 Action Express cartridge.
The Desert Eagle is a large-calibre, semi-automatic pistol that fires powerful rounds that are normally only used in revolvers, such as .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum. The Desert Eagle normally shoots the .50 Action Express. Despite being presented as the ultimate pistol in movies, it is not for a few reasons; the 500 S&W is more powerful, and the Desert Eagle is actually quite impractical for use as a sidearm in reality due to its large size and weight, heavy recoil, relatively small magazine capacity, high price per unit and costly ammunition. As such, it is not employed by any major military or police forces.
It is the single most powerful handgun in the game. While effective against single targets, the gun's 8 round magazine makes it unsuitable for taking on multiple enemies. Therefore, when playing as a sharpshooter, the Desert Eagle can be a useful sidearm, but should not be used by those that run into enemy crowds and fire wildly.
This weapon quickly degrades, so make sure to grab a new one when near an armoury. If you plan on using it often, getting the reliability and pistol ammo upgrades for it is a very good idea.
The advantages of power this weapon seems to offer are questionable, especially when weighed against the Star .45's much higher rate of fire and tamer recoil. Players will probably find this weapon one of the least effective secondary weapons for tactical uses, but for sheer force and damage, you will find this for good uses.
- Engraved on the right-hand side of the weapon is the following, "Deagle .50AE Pistol".
- This pistol is The Jackal's favorite sidearm. It is also used by Nick Greaves and Anto Kankaras.
- During the "Cop Killer" mission, Prosper Kouassi is seen with a rusty Desert Eagle, which, according to his words, was supplied to him by The Jackal.
- Despite all of the player's buddies wielding a new Desert Eagle, once they are dead, the Desert Eagle picked up from their corpses will be rusty and prone to jamming.
- It's the only sidearm that can be used in the map editor, along with the AK-47.
- Despite the in-game designation, the real life .50 Action Express version of the Desert Eagle has a 7 round magazine, while the smaller .44 Magnum version has an 8 round magazine.
|The Far Cry 2 Weapons|
|Melee||Machete (Homemade Machete · Primitive Machete)|
|Secondary||Star .45 · Makarov · Silent Makarov 6P9 · Eagle .50 · MAC-10 · Uzi · M79 · IED · Flare Pistol · Craftsman Shotgun|
|Primary||G3KA4 · AK-47 (Golden) · FAL · AR-16 · MP5 · Homeland 37 · SPAS-12 · USAS-12 · Silenced Shotgun · M1903 · SVD Dragunov · AS50 · MGL-140|
|Special||PKM · M249 · RPG-7 · Carl Gustav · Dart Rifle · LPO-50 Flamethrower · Type 63 Mortar · Crossbow|
|Mounted Guns||M2 .50 cal · M249 · Mk 19|
|Grenades||M67 Grenade · Molotov|