|Date of birth:||February 5, 1982|
United States Marine Corps (formerly)
|Played by:||Charles Malik Whitfield|
|Games:||Far Cry 3|
- "You have the right to take my life. But know, I will also take yours."
- — Dennis
Dennis Rogers is an ally in Far Cry 3.
- "Born and raised in Liberia, Dennis Rogers is no stranger to war and poverty. He eventually left his home and immigrated to America. Ten years later, he left, disillusioned due to the constant alienation he felt there. After drifting from job to job he found his way to Rook Island and met Citra. He embraced her cause and proved himself as a dedicated warrior."
- — in-game description
Dennis Rogers was born and raised in Liberia, but he fled to the United States due to poverty and war at home. There, he apparently served in the United States Marine Corps and had reached the rank of Sergeant, given that he wears the Marine Corps emblem on his jacket albeit with an Army-style rank insignia.
While in the States, Dennis mentions he worked as a mechanic in a garage. He said that the owner had tried to pay him less than his white co-workers and they had all made fun of his accent.
Dennis eventually left the states after living there for a decade and relocated to the Rook Islands, where he met Citra Talugmai and proved himself of becoming a warrior to the native Rakyat. Years later, most of the Rook Islands were taken over by a gang of pirates led by Vaas Montenegro, Citra's sadistic brother. Some time later, Dennis rescued an unconscious American man and brought him to Amanaki Village. When he woke up, the man introduced himself as Jason Brody and that he, his friends, and younger brother Riley Brody had been captured by Vaas, but his older brother, Grant Brody, was killed by Vaas during Jason's escape. Dennis presented Jason to the villagers, they cheered, which Dennis explained as hope against the pirates.
Dennis may appear at the end of the game, if the player chose to save his friends. Furious about Jason's decision, Dennis attempts to stab him. However, Citra steps between Dennis and Jason, leading to Dennis accidentally stabbing Citra. Dennis stands shocked, as Citra falls, then breaks down over Citra's corpse as the screen fades.
- It is strongly implied that Dennis has feelings for Citra which can be confirmed when he says his "will is set on one woman".
- It is unknown what becomes of Dennis after the Saving Your Friends ending when he accidentally kills the Rakyat leader. However, Jeffery Yohalem was asked about this on Twitter. He responded with: "Dennis is a hardcore gamer, he'll find another game."
- He is one of the two major characters to survive the game's events in both endings.
- Dennis happens to have two different patches on his jacket in the photos below.
- There was an inconsistency between the old and final version of the game. As shown in the trailer, when Dennis is pointing his machete at Jason, Jason managed to reach out for the shiv to his left and point it at him. However, in the final version, he did not have enough time to take the weapon.
- In the mission Citra's Favor, when exiting the temple Dennis is seen drunk. He tells Jason that he has been "busy" working with Citra. This implies that Dennis is jealous of how much of a warrior Jason had become.