| D50 (IMI Desert Eagle)
|Magazine size||8 (10 with extended magazine)|
|Supported attachments|| Extended Magazine|
Red Dot Sight
|The Far Cry 3 Weapons|
|Melee|| Machete · Japanese Tanto · |
|Handguns||.44 Magnum · 1911 · 6P9 · D50|
|Assault Rifles||ACE · AK47 · F1 · MS16 · P416 · STG-90|
|SMGs||A2000 · BZ19 · MP5 · Skorpion · Vector .45 ACP|
|Shotguns||1887 · M133 · SPAS-12|
|Explosives||C4 · Grenade · Mine · Molotov|
|Sniper Rifles||M-700 · SVD · Z93|
|Launchers||RPG-7 · GL-94|
|Machine Guns||DShK · PKM · U100 · MKG|
|Specials|| Flamethrower · Flare Gun · |
Recurve Bow · Repair Tool
- "This hand cannon gives unmatched short-range power and can be used while on a Zipline. Strong hands are needed to deal with its massive recoil."
- — in-game handbook
- "Hollywood made the D50 famous, and tucked into a shipment of pirated DVDs, it’s arrived at Rook Island. When it comes to large pistols, few handguns top this monstrosity. Its massive .50AE round is more than capable of bringing down large animals, humans and even honey badgers. Nearly all D50s on Rook Island were brought here by privateers."
- — Survival Guide
This weapon will become free after deactivating 12 Radio Towers.
It is based upon the IMI Desert Eagle. The Desert Eagle is widely known for being a powerful mass-produced semi-automatic handgun. With the highest damage stat of any handgun in the game; it appears that its Far Cry 3 counterpart shares this acclaim. This weapon becomes available in shops after reaching the Southern Island.
The D50 is indubitably the strongest handgun in the game. Unlike the .44 Magnum, the D50 sports a larger magazine, and a much quicker reload time. While the D50 is more powerful, the .44 is more accurate. The D50 is recommended for those who need something big taken down quickly, and is much more adept at killing larger game and enemies, being able to kill a Asian Black Bear in four shots to the body, and one clean headshot will neutralize a rushing Buffalo. It can accept a magazine upgrade and optical attachments helping make target acquisition easier. All-around it is a very good end game pistol.
It can be modded with various targeting devices and additional mag capacity, but cannot be silenced.
The look of D50 could be customized with one of six available paint schemes. Each scheme costs $200 and does not affect weapon performance.
- Although the D50 is very powerful, it should only be used at close range since firing any further will render it almost useless unless a sight is attached.
- In Far Cry 3, if the player has the Gunslinger Takedown they will stab the enemy and pull out a D50 from their holster regardless of what the enemy has.
- The D50 is ideal for clearing out squads of enemies, as most of them will be unarmored and can be killed with one shot.
- The Desert Eagle has appeared in each of the main games in the Far Cry series, although with a different name every time — in Far Cry the weapon has the correct name of Desert Eagle, while in Far Cry 2 it is called the Eagle .50.
- Judging by its name, description and power, the D50 in Far Cry is most likely chambered in .50 AE (Action Express). However the in-game Desert Eagle uses eight round magazines while the unmodified real-world .50AE counterpart uses seven round magazines.
- With the 2 Tone Black paint, the D50 looks just like the "Pistol" in Just Cause 2.
- With the Chrome paint, the D50 looks like the previous two versions.
- Watch Dogs, another Ubisoft game also uses the D50 name for the pistol.
- In real life, there's three variants of D50/Desert Eagle. .50AE, .44 Magnum and .357 Magnum.