|Carl G Rocket Launcher|
|Maximum Ammunition||5 rockets + 3 (with Bandolier)|
The Carl G Rocket Launcher (or Carl Gustav) is the second rocket launcher available in Far Cry 2. It is unlocked after the third 'convoy mission' in Act 2. The Carl G appears in enemy hands in Act 2. Although the Carl G is superior to the RPG-7, enemies wield both it and RPG-7 in Act 2.
The Carl G recoilless rifle is an 84mm man-portable, multi-role recoilless rifle produced by Saab Bofors Dynamics in Sweden. It is used by many nations worldwide and has proven its worth. A recoilless rifle vents some propellant rearward to counteract the recoil of firing.
The Carl G is laser-guided, meaning that once you fire a rocket, by keeping the scope engaged, you can manually guide it to its target. It can be used to lock onto moving vehicles. It is very effective at medium to long range, but it can be hard to judge the distance between the rocket and the target. The rocket can be detonated during mid-flight by pressing the shooting button. The scope doesn't need to be engaged for this. The Carl G spits flame out the back every time you fire, starting a wildfire behind you or burning you if you are against a wall. To reload, you must manually press the reload button/key and it has a very long reload animation.
- A used Carl G will be provided in two places:
- The first one is made available by the player's best buddy in the safe house, during the mission to intimidate the Police Chief's brother to make him hand over his ledger of APR bribes he took over the years.
- The second one is on the barge that needs to be escorted to Port Seleo to restart the war. It is very useful for destroying the swamp boats.
- It is actually possible to shoot enemy Carl G rockets out of the air with a sniper rifle when they are flying towards the player. The rocket projectile will then blow up.
- When in poor condition, this launcher can fire dud rockets which spin uncontrollably and can possibly injure or kill the player.
- If the player shoots dead a Carl-G wielding enemy, the rocket spins in circles, runs out of fuel. and simply falls down to the ground, exploding.
- In reality, the Carl Gustav is a recoilless rifle, and as such fires large caliber explosive shells instead of rockets (or laser guided missiles). Interestingly however, despite being depicted as a rocket launcher ingame, the Carl G still features the powerful backblast that is characteristic for a recoilless rifle.
- The rocket fired by a Carl G is extremely slow, so a moving target has to be acquired early enough that it does not move out of sight during the rocket's flight.
|The Far Cry 2 Weapons|
|Melee||Machete (Homemade Machete · Primitive Machete)|
|Secondary||Star .45 · Makarov · Silent Makarov 6P9 · Eagle .50 · MAC-10 · Uzi · M79 · IED · Flare Pistol · Craftsman Shotgun|
|Primary||G3KA4 · AK-47 (Golden) · FAL · AR-16 · MP5 · Homeland 37 · SPAS-12 · USAS-12 · Silenced Shotgun · M1903 · SVD Dragunov · AS50 · MGL-140|
|Special||PKM · M249 · RPG-7 · Carl Gustav · Dart Rifle · LPO-50 Flamethrower · Type 63 Mortar · Crossbow|
|Mounted Guns||M2 .50 cal · M249 · Mk 19|
|Grenades||M67 Grenade · Molotov|