Far Cry 3Edit
|The Far Cry 3 Weapons|
|Melee|| Machete · Japanese Tanto · |
|Handguns||.44 Magnum · 1911 · 6P9 · D50|
|Assault Rifles||ACE · AK47 · F1 · MS16 · P416 · STG-90|
|SMGs||A2000 · BZ19 · MP5 · Skorpion · Vector .45 ACP|
|Shotguns||1887 · M133 · SPAS-12|
|Explosives||C4 · Grenade · Mine · Molotov|
|Sniper Rifles||M-700 · SVD · Z93|
|Launchers||RPG-7 · GL-94|
|Machine Guns||DShK · PKM · U100 · MKG|
|Specials|| Flamethrower · Flare Gun · |
Recurve Bow · Repair Tool
- "An American-made revolver that packs some serious punch at close range but has limited ammo capacity. It can be used while on the Zipline."
- — in-game handbook
- "The magnum revolvers here on Rook Island are actually part of a shipment originally bound for disgruntled North Korean dictator Kim Jong-il. Vaas, always on the lookout for more firepower, intercepted the cargo ship, seized the handguns and left a present in their place. No one knows what it was, but Kim Jong dropped dead the day it arrived. Coincidence? Do corporate lawyers have souls?"
- — Survival Guide
This handgun is unlocked for free in the stores after deactivating the 11th Radio Tower.
It is based on the Smith and Wesson model 629, more specifically the 'Stealth Hunter' variant.
This weapon is great for players who could not care less about everyone in their general vicinity knowing their location after the first shot. But, in most cases, that shot will more than likely kill its target without a headshot. It has high damage, good accuracy, fair range for a handgun and it is able to kill two enemies that are aligned, but the ammo capacity and reload speed leave something to be desired.
It can accept a variety of attachments ranging from scopes to an extended barrel upgrade as well as various paint jobs.
This weapon has both red dot and reflex sight upgrades, ideally suited for enhanced range and accuracy, though drawing away from the player's Field of View (FoV). The long barrel increases accuracy, which is a good attachment being the only other one that is not an optic upgrade. Last is the night sight, which works well in conjunction with the long barrel making an all around extremely accurate hard hitter.
The look of the .44 Magnum could be customized with one of six available paint schemes. Each scheme costs $200 and does not affect weapon performance.
A signature version nicknamed Cannon can be unlocked via Uplay. This version features an extended barrel, optic sight and a custom gold paint job as well as significantly improved statistics.
This weapon is a much recommended addition, since you can use it from the very beginning of the game, or at least within the first third of the game (FC4). Its punch and range make the Cannon useful throughout the game, but more so in the first phases. Powerful as a shotgun but with much greater accuracy and range, this weapon is ideal to engage beasts & enemies alike.
Far Cry 4Edit
The .44 Magnum makes a return in Far Cry 4.
The Cannon also returns as the signature version of the weapon. It is unlocked after completing 5 Hostage Rescue quests. Just like the Far Cry 3 version, it features an extended barrel, optic sight and a custom navy camo paint job alongside some significantly improved statistics.
Its high damage and accuracy makes it a good choice for those who like precision shooting when driving and shooting. It also functions as a sort of "pocket sniper", boasting good damage and range, but able to be carried as a sidearm. This makes it useful for players who wish to carry more specialized weapons in their other slots, like shotguns, flamethrowers and grenade launchers.
- The .44 Magnum is based on the Smith & Wesson model 629 revolver, specifically the Performance Center "Stealth Hunter".
- In multiplayer, it tends to be a 3-shot kill to the body.
- It is strong but finding spare ammo for it is a hassle, so use your shots wisely especially in multiplayer.
- It is the first revolver to be introduced to the Far Cry series.
- 44. is the second most damaging handgun in the game.
- The 44. uses the pistol ammo very efficiently, and the Cannon even more so.
- Interestingly, Jason wields this Revolver with one hand, while he uses both hands for pistols, despite the shape of a revolver generally giving a more harsh, upward directed recoil which would require both hands to tame (exacerbated by the power of the .44 magnum cartridge).
- In Far Cry 4, there is a bizarre technical glitch which sometimes makes the .44 Magnum lose its barrel. While it does not seem to affect shot quality, it makes the gun look strange. This glitch can be fixed by removing all attachments and paint, switching to another handgun then switching back to the Magnum.
- In Far Cry 4, the "Extended Barrel" does not appear as an attachment, however, its signature, the "Cannon" has the Extended Barrel, similarly to how the HS77, Stinger, Bull, Warrior and Bushman signature weapons have suppressors, which their stock versions cannot use.