- "Chances are no other town in the world lives up to its name better than Badtown, or no other name is less imaginative. I mean come on, couldn't it have been Dark Town? Night Town? Lost Town? Celebration? Regardless, this place is packed with privateers and pirates."
- — Survival Guide
Badtown is a shanty town village located on northern of Rook Islands in Far Cry 3. It is located on the east end of the island, inland from the sea along a river, in the Murder Summit Region of the island.
The village is made up of mostly shantys, and the residents are mostly below the poverty line. The town has a general store as well as some seedy businesses for prostitution, drinking, and drugs.
- The campaign mission: the Bad Side of Town, takes place here.
- The mysterious "man in white" or Willis Huntley , as you later learn, is located here.
- The village has one side quest to complete; outside the fish store, across the street from the brothel.
- A Trial of the Rakyat is available at the village's northern gate.
- Sumatran Tigers can be found prowling around not far from the town presenting an ever present threat to both the player and the townspeople.
- Also Chickens can be seen wandering throughout the town, likely stray farm animals.