Far Cry 3Edit
|Supported attachments|| Sound Suppressor|
Red Dot Sight
|The Far Cry 3 Weapons|
|Melee|| Machete · Japanese Tanto · |
|Handguns||.44 Magnum · 1911 · 6P9 · D50|
|Assault Rifles||ACE · AK47 · F1 · MS16 · P416 · STG-90|
|SMGs||A2000 · BZ19 · MP5 · Skorpion · Vector .45 ACP|
|Shotguns||1887 · M133 · SPAS-12|
|Explosives||C4 · Grenade · Mine · Molotov|
|Sniper Rifles||M-700 · SVD · Z93|
|Launchers||RPG-7 · GL-94|
|Machine Guns||DShK · PKM · U100 · MKG|
|Specials|| Flamethrower · Flare Gun · |
Recurve Bow · Repair Tool
- "The BZ19 has solid power and accuracy. It doesn't have the fastest rate of fire in its class, but it does feature a large-capacity magazine capable of holding 64 rounds."
- — in-game handbook
- "The BZ19 sub machinegun is what you get when you take bits of an AK-74, shorten it, and slap on a high capacity “helical” magazine. Okay, the process may be a bit more complex than that (changing the letters A and K to B and Z took a lot of careful thought), but the end result is a weapon that holds 64 rounds of 9mm ammunition."
- — Survival Guide
This weapon will become free after deactivating 14 Radio Towers.
It is used by the Privateers, specifically the Chargers. It is not available for purchase or can be obtained otherwise, until the Southern Island is reached. Although completionist players will most likely already have unlocked the Signature SMG "Shredder" before reaching the second island, significantly reducing the importance of this SMG. The BZ19 bridges the gap between assault rifles and sub-machine guns. The Bizon's high accuracy, reasonable rate of fire, large magazine, manageable recoil, and decent lethality make it a wonderful weapon. It can be suppressed, making it the best weapon in the game for stealthy actions.
Far Cry 4Edit
The BZ19 returns in Far Cry 4 and is almost identical to its prequel counterpart. This means that the weapon is perfect for arena mode, as it has a large magazine, a swift reload, high damage, and virtually no movement penalty (when compared to LMGs). Also its low rate of fire means that you are less likely to burn through ammo, likely making up most of that you lose from the bodies of fallen foes.
While the iron sights are very clear, a scope usually the Red Dot, (or the Reflex) can be good if the player is usually more aggressive in their playstyle. The suppressor can be good if the player wishes to be sneaky, though if that is not the case, then attaching it is not a good idea due to the damage reduction. Lastly, the extended magazine attachment will make the weapon's key advantage even better, basically forming it into a mini LMG, that can be suppressed.
- Ironically, despite firing the second smallest calibre (after the Skorpion's 7.65x17mm) out of any of the SMGs in Far Cry 3 (9x18mm Makarov), the BZ19 is the highest damaging of its class, only beaten by the signature SMG Shredder.
- Adding to the irony, the BZ19's magazine is both larger and faster to reload than the U100 LMG; that is to say it's a SMG that outclasses an LMG in most categories.
- It is modeled after the Russian PP-19 "Bizon".
- The real world Bizon does not have an aperture sight; it has an AK-style open rear sight.
- The real life Bizon can be chambered for either 9x19mm Parabellum or 9x18mm Makarov. The 9x19mm Parabellum version has 53-round helical magazine, and the 9x18mm Makarov version has a 64-round helical magazine.
- The BZ19 has a large magazine capacity meaning the player can dish out more death per single magazine.
- It behaves similarly to the MP5 with a lower fire, but with the advantage of having a much larger magazine with more controllable recoil.
- There is no extended magazine for the weapon since the weapon already has a huge magazine unbalancing it however, this is not the case in multiplayer unlocking an extended magazine attachment at weapon level 15.
- However, this is not true in Far Cry 4, where the large magazine will give it around 100 rounds of ammo per magazine.
- One of the best non signature weapons due to the fact it is obtained early and can be mastered for any combat situation.