Appearing in Far Cry 4, the .700 Nitro is a high-powered side-by-side rifle used for hunting dangerous game.
The standard version, the .700 Nitro is a side-by-side hunting rifle found in Far Cry 4.
Immensely powerful, and able to drop bodies - be they animal or humanoid - the .700 Nitro is capable of laying down carnage; however, the damage is offset by the two round capacity, as reloading at close- or medium-range when engaged with alerted targets can likely lead to the user being mowed down by faster and rapid small-arms fire.
Like many other weapons, it can be unlocked through ownership of the Season Pass for Far Cry 4.
Compared to the standard .700 Nitro, the Elephant Gun notably has a gold-engraved receiver and barrels, with the metal alloy used on the barrels themselves being of a darker metal. In addition, the stock of the weapon is a different style of wood.
- Nitro Express rifles are named for the composition of their early smokeless gunpowder.
- It is the only non explosive weapon in the game that can reliably one shot a Honey Badger while keeping the pelt intact.
- The weapon uses sniper ammunition, and is incredibly loud; this makes stealth with the weapon difficult to the point of near impossibility. To compensate for this, it has high accuracy and damage.
- The real-world term "Elephant Gun" is used for any of a number of high caliber weapons used for hunting animals that are classified as either "big game" or "dangerous game" creatures. The power of the round and weapon is justified as the animal needs to be subdued quickly, as enraging the animal by wounding it would likely mean serious injury - or even death - for the hunter.
- Owing to the weapon's power, the rifle can kill animals such as Elephants and Rhinos with one well-placed shot to the head.
- .700 Nitro is among the largest non-military sport hunting rifle rounds in the world; a single round can easily cost upwards of $100 USD.